Cowboys Randy Gregory reportedly applies

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
is holding firm to his word thus far. The maligned veteran pa s rusher is currently serving an indefinite NFL suspension handed down by commi sioner Roger Goodell in the offseason following the 2018 season, but he has now taken a major step toward returning to the league. , Gregory told CBS Sports his plan of not only returning to the Leighton Vander Esch T Shirts but of doing so "for good this time." To that end, he's reportedly officially into the league, per Todd Archer of ESPN, and the are effectively preparing for his return in 2020."I am happy," Gregory told me days ahead of the reported filing. "And in a better place mentally more than ever."At the moment this article goes to file, in speaking with a source who has direct knowledge of the situation, CBS Sports has been unable to confirm the report.It remains the expectation the 27-year-old will eventually submit his paperwork to the league Dallas Cowboys Pants office, and soon, with Goodell then being obligated to i sue a ruling within no greater than 60 days. The Cowboys would prefer to hear not only a positive verdict but also a fairly swift one, considering the 2020 is rapidly approaching and they're currently in the midst of building their draft board. A suming Gregory is reinstated as expected, his presence would greatly le sen the need to grab help at the EDGE rusher position this April., as he continues to use marijuana medicinally to cope with clinically diagnosed mental illne ses. The ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement does include language that drastically decriminalizes how positive tests for marijuana are handled in the NFL -- no longer i suing suspensions if a player tests solely for THC and raising the bar for what would be deemed a positive test -- but those relaxed parameters don't apply to Gregory, because the stipulations of his return would be tethered to the old CBA.That is to say, if he fails or mi ses another test in the future, he'll be again Dallas Cowboys Jackets subject to league discipline. How the new CBA does work in his favor, however, is it forces teams to establish improved mental health options that include an on-staff clinician, and the change of landscape in how the use of marijuana is viewed would suggest Goodell is no longer heavy-handed in situations like Gregory's. So if Gregory does in fact test positive solely for THC in the future, while Goodell still has the power to suspend him, the league's evolution toward mental health support and turning a Troy Aikman T Shirts blind eye to marijuana use hints at the commi sioner giving him a newfound benefit of the doubt.Gregory's return would see him instantly fill the void created by the Cowboys' lo s of in free agency, and would reunite him with -- a tandem that produced 16.5 sacks in 2018. Gregory himself delivering a career-best 6.5 sacks in a career-high 14 games played during the 2018 season. Lawrence and Gregory would join forces with the newly-signed five-time All-Pro defensive tackle and versatile veteran up Roger Staubach T Shirts front.All signs point to Gregory being on the field this coming season, but all eyes are on Goodell now to see what happens next. For his part, Gregory has no doubt he'll suit up in a few months for the Cowboys. "I will be back this year."

Üst