Five bold Ravens predictions for 2019 NF

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
For the vast majority of the John Harbaugh era, the have been remarkably boring -- not nece sarily in a bad way, but just in terms of their O.J. Howard Jersey consistency. Under Harbaugh for 11 seasons, the Ravens have finished under .500 only once. Up until last season, they always started at quarterback -- and there's not many interesting things one can say about Joe Flacco. Yet all of a sudden, the Ravens have emerged as one of the league's most interesting teams. They're a complete and total mystery. Which makes making bold predictions about them a little bit easier. It all began with the decision to to grab in last year's draft. By the halfway point of the season, the Ravens inserted Jackson into the fray and rebuilt their offense on the fly, constructing a run-heavy system that belonged to a different era of football. With Jackson as the starter for the final seven games of the season, the Ravens averaged an insane 45.1 rushing attempts per game. Improbably, it worked. The Ravens went 6-1 down the stretch -- with their only lo s coming in overtime against the in Kansas City -- even though Jackson averaged only 13.1 completions per start. The offseason brought even more change to Baltimore. Key defensive contributors in C.J. Mosley, , and departed in free agency, while former safety joined the cause. was signed and was drafted to add even more weapons to the Ravens' running game. The Ravens made the highest-drafted receiver. Greg Roman, best known for coaching quarterbacks like and , was named offensive coordinator. backup quarterback said in June Jake Kumerow Jersey . "I think we'll shock some people with what we're going to do." And so, the Ravens will enter the season as one of the league's biggest mysteries. What will their offense look like? How much will Jackson throw the ball? Who will lead the team's rushing attack? Will Brown be good enough right away to make up for an otherwise lackluster receiving group? Can the Ravens overcome the lo ses they sustained in free agency, particularly on the defensive side of the ball? With all that in mind, let's make five bold predictions about the Ravens' upcoming season. We begin at quarterback. 1. Jackson doesn't account for more than 25 TDs Twenty-five touchdowns might not seem like a lot when factoring in both pa sing and rushing touchdowns, but it's going to be difficult for Jackson to get there. For context, consider that Kaepernick never accounted for more than 25 touchdowns in a single season with Roman in San Francisco. In his seven regular-season starts last year, Jackson was responsible for nine touchdowns -- five as a pa ser and four as a runner. Put another way, he averaged 1.3 touchdowns per start. Extrapolated to a full 16-game season, that would come out to 20.6 touchdowns. So, he needs to improve his total by six touchdowns. That's certainly doable, which is why this prediction counts as a bold one. Jackson's legs give him a chance to score a ton of touchdowns on the ground, and his athleticism should come in handy in the red zone -- not to mention, it wouldn't be surprising if he breaks free for a couple of big touchdowns. The question is, can he throw somewhere around 20 touchdowns? The Ravens' addition of Brown and in the draft should help the Ravens in the long term, but it often takes rookie receivers a while to adjust to the . For Jackson to get to 25 touchdowns, he might need some luck in the form of those touch pa ses that are more like handoffs, but technically count as touchdowns. I think it'll be close. But Jackson's inconsistencies as a pa ser during his rookie season make me believe he's more likely to finish with 20-25 touchdowns as opposed to 26-30 touchdowns. The Ravens' receiver group is promising, Jim Kelly T Shirts but ultimately unproven. While I love Jackson's long-term outlook in the league, 2019 will likely be a year of growing pains for the young quarterback and his young receivers. I think we'll see an improvement from him, but I also think it'll be a modest improvement. 2020 feels more likely to be his breakout. 2. Hill leads the Ravens RBs in total yards The Ravens need to throw the ball more, but don't expect them to become a pa s-first team. They're going to rely on the running game after adding Mark Ingram in free agency and Justice Hill in the fourth round. That's not the bold prediction. The bold prediction is this: Hill -- not Ingram -- will lead the team in total yards. Ingram is the safer bet. He's averaging 950.6 yards from scrimmage over his eight-year career. But he's also 29 years old. While Ingram should start the season as Kent Hull Jersey the team's primary back, he might cede touches to Hill over the course of the season. And Hill is talented. He drew . He averaged 1,281 yards from scrimmage per season at Oklahoma State. He's going to be a major weapon in the Ravens offense. RB Justice Hill has some juice in his legs. Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) It should be tight between the two players, both of whom should garner tons of touches. But the bold prediction here is for Hill to overtake Ingram as the team's best back and to gain a slight edge in total yards by the end of the season. 3. Marquise Brown finishes with fewer than 800 receiving yards Eight hundred yards might not sound like a lot for a receiver, but consider . Last season, led rookie receivers with 821 yards. The year before, led the way with 917 yards. Then consider the fact that Brown is playing with a quarterback who averaged 13.1 completions per start last season. In that sense, racking up 800 yards in his rookie season would be an awesome accomplishment. While I don't expect it to be completely smooth sailing between Brown and Jackson, I do expect them to hook up for a good number of chunk plays. Brown features elite speed. One ? . There's a very real chance the Lamar Jackson-Brown combination will be a boom or bust relationship. So while I'm predicting Brown to finish with under 800 yards, I don't think his rookie season will be a failure. He should hit on several home-runs. But consistency might be lacking between a young quarterback with spotty accuracy and a rookie receiver adjusting to the NFL. 4. Earl Thomas sets a career high in interceptions Before Thomas went down at the beginning of last season, he had already racked up three interceptions in four games. In his career, he's never eclipsed five picks in a single season, having finished with exactly five interceptions on three different occasions. However, since he entered the league in 2010, . He's remarkably consistent. The bold prediction is that Thomas will finally get over the hump and set a new career high in interceptions. As the beginning of last season proved, Thomas is hardly declining. He was on pace to set a new career high before an injury robbed him of that opportunity. He's still the best single-high safety in football. If he Joe Ferguson Jersey can stay healthy, he should continue to do what he does best: patrol the deep portion of the field with remarkable range. 5. Play

Üst