How Revolade Helped Me Get My Life Back!

tinawalker

13 Ağu 2024
Hi everyone,

I've been dealing with ITP since 2016, and let me tell you, it's been a wild ride. My platelet counts have gone up and down so much, and I've spent a lot of time here reading your stories for support and inspiration. It's really helped me feel better when I was struggling. This is my first time posting here, so it feels like a big step for me.

Before I started treatment, my platelets were dangerously low—like, around 2,000. I was bruising so easily, and honestly, every little bump had me panicking. I remember feeling so drained all the time, constantly checking my skin for new bruises, and it just felt like I couldn't catch a break. I had to give up things I loved, like biking, because I was too scared of falling and making things worse. It was frustrating and exhausting. But once I started Revolade (Eltrombopag), things slowly started to change for the better.

At first, I didn't know what to do or expect from. You hear so many different stories, and I was nervous that it wouldn't work for me. But within a couple of weeks, my counts started going up. I remember getting the call from the lab, and I was at 36,000—a huge improvement for me. I felt like I could breathe again. It's hard to explain, but seeing that number rise just gave me hope.
https://www.thelotusbiotech.com/product/revolade-25mg-eltrombopag-tablets/
Right now, I'm on 25mg/day of Eltrombopag, and I've been able to slowly reduce my Prednisolone, which is such a relief. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to the love-hate relationship with steroids—they help, but man, do they come with a bunch of side effects. Reducing that dose has been a win for me.

I still get my blood checked every week, and my counts aren't always steady, but they're in a much better place than they were before. There was one time when my platelets dropped again, and I thought we might have to increase the Eltrombopag dose to 50mg/day, but for now, the 25mg seems to be working okay. My counts hover around 36,000, and while that's not perfect, it's way better than being in the danger zone.

One time, my counts jumped to 68,000 after just a week on the meds, and I was so surprised! I wasn't expecting that, especially since I found a new bruise that morning. I was really relieved to see the higher number. It felt like things were finally starting to stabilize.

Living with ITP hasn't been easy, and I still have days where I worry about my platelets dropping again. But knowing that Eltrombopag is working for me has really changed things. I don't feel as stressed as I used to, and that's been a huge weight off my shoulders.

If you're just starting out or having a hard time with your counts, trust me, I understand how hard it can be. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't see progress right away. But things can get better, and sometimes, it just takes a bit of patience. If you're on Eltrombopag or thinking about trying it, hang in there! It's helped me a lot, and I hope it helps you too.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a bit of my story in case it helps someone out there who's feeling unsure. This forum has been such a great place for me to find support and advice, so I thought it was time to give back a little. If anyone has questions or just wants to chat, feel free to reach out. We're all in this together, and it helps to know we're not alone.

Take care, and stay strong!

Üst