NFL preseason winners and losers from We

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
Welcome to the Monday edition of the Pick Six newsletter!If you've ever read this newsletter and wondered, "Man, the guy who writes this is awesome, I'd love to talk to him," I have some great news: you actually can! Starting today, you can bid on a chance to have a 10-minute Zoom call with me. The auction is for our annual CBS Sports telethon that raises money for St. Jude, so all the money from the auction will be going to charity.If you want to bid, . I like talking to myself, so I might even bid. If you have the winning bid, we can literally talk about anything during our conversation from your favorite team to your favorite brand of laundry detergent or we can sit down together and try to figure out what in the heck happened on last night's finale of "Westworld." I'm open to anything.Last year, the winning bid went for more than $1,000 -- it was the highest at CBS Sports -- but this year Jeff McNei Jersey , it's much more affordable. (The opening bid is just $10.)Alright, that's enough of that, let's get to the rundown.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the newsletter. All you have to do is . 1. Today's show: Monday MailbagDuring the offseason, we like to spice things up each week on the Pick Six Podcast by adding a listener mailbag every Monday, and just because the preseason is here doesn't mean these mailbags will be going away anytime soon. As a matter of fact, there are actually going to be two mailbags this week!Our mailbag episodes are pretty simple: We read listener questions during the show and then answer as many of those questions as po sible. Questions can be about literally anything. I mean, I'm pretty sure someone once asked us how many state capitals we could name without using Google. If we'll answer that, trust me when I say that we'll answer almost anything.Anyway, if Jay Bruce Jersey you want to submit a question, all you have to do is go to Apple Podcasts ( ) and leave a five-star review that includes your question. Here's one question that Will Brinson, Ryan Wilson and I answered for today's show.Q: I know the season hasn't started, but which five teams are already doomed for 2022 and have absolutely zero chance of making the playoffs?We spent way longer debating this question than I thought we would and that's mostly because we couldn't unanimously agree on five teams. That being said, Wilson, Brinson and I did agree on three teams that have a zero chance of making the playoffs: the , and . If any of those three teams end up making the postseason, please remember to throw this episode of the podcast back in our face. As for the other two teams that I don't think have a shot at the playoffs, those are the and . I actually think the Jags could be decent this year, but I don't think they'll be competitive enough to finish ahead of either the or . On Seattle's end, even if Pete Carroll somehow works a miracle this year, it's hard to envision the Seahawks beating out the , and for a playoff spot in the NFC West.Wilson and Brinson had the on their list of teams with a zero chance to make the postseason, but I refused to jump on their anti-Panthers bandwagon. I don't nece sarily think the Panthers are going to make the playoffs this year, but I would put their chances WAY above zero percent. I mean, they play in a division where the team favored to win it doesn't even have a starting QB right now because he's on a hiatus. The second best-team has a QB who's currently injured in and then there's the Falcons, who don't feel like a threat to anyone. The NFC South just feels like a division that could give us a surprise this year, and the Panthers getting to the playoffs would definitely qualify as a surprise.If you want to listen to the rest of the mailbag, . You . 2. Injury roundup: to mi s several weeks, lose their starting centerThere's a good reason why a lot of coaches end up benching their starters in the preseason and that's because they don't want to risk anyone getting injured. QB Zach Wilson is the latest example of why it Adrian Gonzalez Jersey can be a risk to put your best players on the field.The Jets quarterback suffered an injury over the weekend that could keep him out for nearly a month. Here's :Wilson will likely mi s two to four weeks. The Jets QB has a bone bruise and torn meniscus in his right knee, and Nolan Ryan Jersey those two injuries are expected to sideline him for up to four weeks. However, it could be even longer. According , the Jets won't know the exact extent of the injury until the doctor goes in for surgery, which will be happening Tuesday.Week 1 could turn into a revenge game for . If Wilson is out exactly four weeks, that almost certainly means he'll be out for the Jets' opener. If that happens, the Jets will likely turn to Joe Flacco, who would get to play against the . Flacco what it would mean to face his former team, but he also admitted that it would definitely be different. "I'm going to try to make sure it's not the biggest deal in the world, but at the same time, I've been through it enough, I've seen guys go through it," Flacco said. "It's a different thing."Other options for the Jets. If it turns out that Wilson is going to be out for more than four weeks, the Jets could try to pull off a trade for , but that would only make sense if Wilson was going to mi s a month or two of the season. Right now, it doesn't look like he'll be out that long, but again, no one will know for sure until he undergoes surgery on Tuesday.Browns also suffer a big injury. Browns starting center had to be carted off the field against the Jaguars on Friday, and it looks like he won't be returning anytime soon. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski that Harris will likely mi s the entire season due to a right knee injury.If the Browns end up signing a center, one option could be . The veteran served as the Browns' starting center for the past five seasons . Tretter is still a free agent, and trying to re-sign him could make a lot of sense for the Browns. 3. NFL preseason Week 1: Ranking the debut of each rookie QBI'm not going to sit here and say this past weekend gave us the most exciting opening preseason week in NFL history. Actually, you know what, I just changed my mind, I am going to say it: This was the most exciting opening preseason week in NFL history.One reason it was so good was because of the play of the rookie quarterbacks. We saw eight of them take the field and most of them actually looked impre sive. , and Jose Reyes Jersey all led a game-winning drive over the weekend, although I'm not sure we should count Corral's since he didn't actually do anything. The Panthers rookie went 0-for-4 throwing the ball on Carolina's game-winning drive. (The Panthers got 20 rushing yards and 20 yards in Washington penalties to get into field goal range.)On the other hand, Pickett was the hero of the ' win, throwing a 24-yard TD pa s with just three seconds left to pla

Üst