What does Tony Romos return mean for Dak

seestyle

18 Eyl 2022
We're at the point in the proceedings where 's return to football is imminent. The only question is when and where. On Wednesday, ESPN reported that the 36-year-old quarterback had been medically cleared to practice, and his game-day availability . If this were last year, when and were tasked with trying to replace Romo, the sooner Romo returned the better. But this is 2016 and rookie fourth-round pick has been integral to the team's 7-1 start. It's why owner and general manager Jerry Jones has been unwilling to talk specifically about what happens next. "I'm the same guy no matter from Andre Iguodala Jersey now to the point I was a third-string guy coming in in OTA's. Nothing changes. Nothing's going to be different from the way I approach the game." Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott Whatever the future holds -- both near-term and beyond -- Prescott's approach will remain the same. "Nothing changes for me," he said, via Justin Holiday Jersey the . "I'm the same guy no matter from now to the point I was a third-string guy coming in in OTAs. Nothing changes. Nothing's going to be different from the way I approach the game. ... I'm not going to change what the situation is. It's my love and my pa sion for this game. The way that I approach it, I don't care who's the other guy or what's going on around me, what the record is, what my last performance was, it's all about how I can get Jaren Jackson Jr. Jersey better in my next play." Despite the dreaded "off-field i sues" heading into the draft, Prescott has been a model of maturity and leadership since arriving in Dallas, and that has showed in his play. In fact, he currently ranks No. 3 in QB efficiency, according to ' metrics, behind only and . Last month, when Romo's return was le s certain, Prescott made it clear where he stood in the pecking order. "This is Tony's team," . "I knew that going into the situation. I think everybody knew that. I'm just trying to do the best I can to give my team a chance to win week in and week Desmond Bane Jersey out." And on Tuesday Jones admitted that the situation remains fluid. "The key thing I want to emphasize is we probably are never going to have this totally sorted out," . "We're going to play it by ear, play it as it comes. We can do that. To do it really right for the advantage of the team, which we deserve, Romo's got to really be ready to go at the top of his game." The good news: unlike a year ago, when the Cowboys won just four games, they now have options at quarterback. C.J. Miles Jersey "We have the luxury of getting Romo that ready," Jones continued. "When we do that, we've got an edge that can carry us a long way. I think what you're going to have is you're going to see Tony really playing well in practice, really being what he can be, which is in my mind, when he's healthy, I don't know that I'd trade him for anybody."

Üst